This is a simple, fast, easy, tasty, awesome recipe that takes no more than 30 minutes to prepare and cook. Perfect for a busy weekday meal. I discovered a similar recipe a few months ago and I knew this was something that could be change around a million different ways. Ever since, I have been experimenting with different flavours and ingredient combinations. In the future I will definitely be posting my favourite versions of this delicious recipe. Stay tuned… But in the meantime enjoy this one… I did. Yes I know kale again. But hey it is good for you!
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 big bunch of kale, wash then chop
1/2 cup of sun dried tomatoes, chopped
1/4 cup chorizo, sliced thin
1 1/2cup of goat cheese, grated ( I used a hard goat cheese so it had to be grated but a soft goat cheese will work just as well)
4 large portobello mushroom cups, cleaned
Preheat oven to 425 F
– Use a spoon to scrape the gills from the mushroom caps. I found that using a grapefruit spoon makes the job easy. Remember to be careful when scrapping as the mushroom are rather delicate around the edges.
– (Don’t use any oil as there is enough in the chorizo to grease the pan) Heat a large sauté pan, add in chorizo and garlic. Sauté until garlic is golden. Take about 4-5 minutes.
– Add in kale and sun dried tomatoes and stir until kale starts to wilt, about 5-6 minutes. Turn off heat and put aside.
– Take your cleaned out portobellos and brush the inside of the cap with olive oil.
– Divide your kale mixture between the 4 mushroom cups and then spring them all with the goat cheese.
– Bake for about 15-20 min until the mushrooms are tender. Once ready, I like to turn the oven to broil and leave them in for 2-3 minutes so that the cheese gets a little crispy and golden. Serve hot and enjoy!