Scallops when done right are the perfect seafood treat. Personally they rank as my favorite fruit from the sea. Scampi are a very close second. For this recipe please make sure to buy fresh scallops if you can. The frozen variety just don’t cook up the same as the fresh.
One of the best parts of the recipes is that it is fast, lite, fresh, and healthy. Please make sure to comment and share with your friends. I would love to hear your thoughts and suggestions about what you like and if you can make this better.
Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
2tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
2tsp balsamic vinegar
2tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1tbsp grainy mustard
1/2tsp garlic, minced
– To make the Honey Mustard Vinaigrette, combine ingredients in a blender, except for the Olive Oil, which you will drizzle into the blender until the mixture is thick and all the ingredients are well mixed. Put aside.
1/4cup sliced almonds
1tsp black sesame seeds
1 bunch of frisée lettuce, ends cut
454g fresh strawberries, stemmed and cut in half or quartered
2 mangos, peeled and chopped
Makes two servings
– For the almond slices I used my toaster oven by placing them on a baking tray and used my toast setting to turn them slightly golden. Be careful though and watch them as they toast quickly. If you don’t have a toaster oven you can place the almond slices in a small skillet over medium heat. moving them constantly until they reach the desired goldenness. Set aside.
– For the scallops, put about 1tbsp of olive oil into skillet over medium to high heat. Once the pan is hot, ( to test I like to put one or two drops of water into the pan and if it sizzles and skips across the oil, then you know its ready), place the scallops in the pan and cook for about two to three minutes per side. Be careful as overcooked scallops can get very rubbery. A perfect scallop will be a light golden brown on each side and tender in the middle. Take out of the pan once ready.
– Wash and place Frisée lettuce on plate. Place cut strawberries and mango on top of lettuce. I like to do this ahead of time so I can take the freshly cooked scallops out of the pan and directly onto the plate.
– Once all the ingredients are plated, sprinkle scallops with sesame seeds and toasted almonds. Then take your dressing, pour the desired amount and you are ready to dive into this taste sensation. Let me know how it turns out for you. Enjoy!